2nd June 2016
There’s nothing to quench the thirst on a hot summer’s day like a refreshing spritzer. This popular and versatile drink is usually a combination of white wine and soda or sparkling mineral water. It’s a healthier alternative to overly sugary cocktails and can be jazzed-up with fruit, sparkling mixers or a grown-up bitter twist à la Italy’s popular aperitif, Aperol Spritz.
Acclaimed Italian bartender Giancarlo Mancino has joined The Galvin Brothers in revamping THE BAR at The Athenaeum. An exciting new menu of innovative Signature Cocktails showcases Mancino’s flair for flavour and penchant for unusual ingredients. Try your hand at a Better Spritzer this summer, which uses Mancino’s own-brand Vermouth Bianco – a delicate blends of 37 botanicals with a Trebbiano di Romagna wine base.
- 100ml Mancino Vermouth Bianco
- 25ml Violet Liquer
- 1 bottle of East Imperial soda water
- Pink grapefruit and edible flowers, to garnish
- Mix all the ingredients in a Wormwood Galante Glass (or similar) with ice
- Garnish with a pink grapefruit twist and one edible flower