What to expect
Hyde Park Winter Wonderland is one of London’s biggest Christmas markets, complete with rides, attractions, food stands and Christmas shopping inspiration.
In particular, there is an amazing array of rides and attractions available at Winter Wonderland this year suitable for the whole family, many of which are pre-bookable. These include:
- The Magical Ice Kingdom – a snow and ice sculpture experience incorporating an amazing 500 tonnes of stunningly sculptured ice and snow
- The Snowman Experience – an immersive cinematic walk-through experience of the much-loved Christmas classic film
- Teletubbies Christmas Show – perfect for younger children, this is a festive performance by the little ones’ favourite characters
- Peter Pan on Ice – a show that combines the much-loved story of Peter Pan with world-class ice-skating and special effects
- Ice sculpting workshops – ideal for budding artists to try a new skill and hand sculpt new creations from blocks of ice
- Winter Wonderland Comedy Club – a new comedy performance in Winter Wonderland’s MegaDome every evening
- Zippos Christmas Circus – a festive show featuring acrobatics, comic acts and larger than life dancing Snow Bears
- Cirque Berserk – an international troupe of daredevils, illusionists and aerialists performing extreme stunts
- The Big Wheel – an icon of Winter Wonderland, this 60 metre high big wheel offers amazing views of London
- Ice skating – the UK’s largest ice skating rink can be found around Hyde Park’s Victorian Bandstand
- Rollercoasters – visit all nine rollercoasters at Winter Wonderland as many times as you want with the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland Coaster Pass
- Santa Land – an experience of a lifetime for the little ones, a visit to Santa Land includes a 45 metre Ice Slide, an Ice Trike Trail and a visit to the man himself in his grotto.
Winter Wonderland is also full of food options for those who want to eat amid the revelry. The Bavarian Village is the traditional part of the event, where rustic wooden chalets serve Bavarian food and drink, from bratwursts to steins of German beer. Book a table at the Bavarian Hall or The Almhütte to enjoy live music and dancing too. Elsewhere, food stands serve an array of international flavours, from warming plates of noodles to churros dipped in hot chocolate. For drinks, discover Bar Ice – where the bar, tables, chairs and glasses are all made from ice, or hire a private hut in the alpine-style Bar Hütte, where you can also enjoy cocktails and karaoke. Nearby, you can toast marshmallows over The Fire Pit, or visit Thor’s Tipi, with warming fires, rugs and a Viking-inspired theme.
Opening and closing times
Winter Wonderland opens on 22 November 2018 from 4pm to 10pm for a special public preview. After that, it’s open daily from 23 November 2018 until 6 January 2019 from 10am to 10pm, except Christmas Day when it’s closed.
Where is Winter Wonderland in London?
Winter Wonderland is in Hyde Park, one of London’s amazing Royal Parks. The closest tube station is Hyde Park Corner, but it’s also within walking distance of Green Park, Marble Arch and Knightsbridge tube stations. If you’re looking for a hotel near Winter Wonderland, it’s possible to walk from The Athenaeum to Hyde Park in less than ten minutes.
Winter Wonderland is free to enter, but each of the attractions, rides, food and craft stands charge for their goods.
Join us at The Athenaeum to be within perfect proximity of Hyde Park Winter Wonderland. We also have a festive wonderland of our own in our brand new Winter Terrace. Expect warming cocktails from the Boozy Bauble to the Naughty Eggnog, served alongside mini cheese fondues and traditional dippers.
Feel like visiting? Have a look at our rooms here and add a bit of luxury to your stay.