Please note, quantities have been removed deliberately so you can adjust based on the number of people you are cooking for.
- Good quality vegetable stock
- Seasonal green vegetables (podded broad beans, peas, broccoli, courgette, kale and French beans all work well)
- Basil pesto
- Dried Pasta, like Ditalini
- Buffalo mozzarella
- Knob of butter
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente then set aside.
- Add the good quality vegetable stock to a large saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the seasonal green vegetables and continue to simmer until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and add the pre-cooked pasta.
- Finish the soup with a spoon of basil pesto, a knob of butter and a couple of generous grinds of pepper. If freezing the dish, stop here. You’ll need to defrost and reheat the broth before moving on to the next step.
- Rip up 3 – 4 small pieces of buffalo mozzarella per portion and place them on top, followed by a garnish of chopped chervil and coriander.
- Finish with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil.
JOIN US FOR LUNCH OR DINNER AT 116 AT THE ATHENAEUM