4 Clarence Court eggs
300g pork sausage meat
1/4 bunch fresh sage, finely chopped
75g onion, finely diced
10g onion powder
Salt and ground white pepper
To coat the eggs
4 whole eggs, beaten
100g Panko breadcrumbs
8 deep fried sage leaves
- Boil 4 Clarence Court eggs for 6 minutes until soft boiled, then place in ice cold water for 20 seconds and peel off the shell.
- Add a little cooking oil to a pan and sweat the onion until translucent, then add the chopped sage and onion powder.
- Place in a bowl and leave to chill.
- Once chilled, mix with the pork sausage meat, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Weigh out 65-75g balls of sausage meat mix, then wrap each ball around the cooked, peeled eggs.
- Place in the fridge to firm up.
- Coat each egg by firstly dipping in flour, then beaten eggs and finally breadcrumbs.
- Place back in the fridge to firm up before cooking.
- Fry in a deep fat fryer for 4 and a half minutes at 160 degrees.
- Drain on kitchen paper, cut in half and serve with piccalilli and deep fried sage leaves.
- Season the runny yolk with sea salt.
- Pack them neatly and enjoy al fresco!